What Does the INFINITI Warranty Cover? (2022 Full Guide)
Discover the Standard Coverage Included with Every New INFINITI
The INFINITI warranty protects most vehicle components against faulty workmanship and factory defects. You’ll receive relatively extensive protection through the INFINITI vehicle protection plan, but it doesn’t last for a particularly long time.
We at the Home Media reviews team have looked through the INFINITI warranty to find out exactly what’s covered. Along with that, we’ve researched the best extended car warranty companies to determine your top choices for protection once your INFINITI warranty expires.
In This Review:
- INFINITI Warranty Overview
- Is a Used INFINITI Covered Under Warranty?
- Do You Need an Extended INFINITI Warranty?
INFINITI Warranty Overview
The INFINITI new vehicle limited warranty lasts for 4 years/60,000 miles, making it slightly longer than the average among automakers. There are additional pieces of the INFINITI warranty, and we’ll run through them below.
|INFINITI Warranty||Warranty Term|
|Bumper-to-bumper warranty||4 years/60,000 miles|
|Powertrain warranty||6 years/70,000 miles|
|Corrosion warranty||7 years/unlimited miles|
|Seat belt warranty||10 years/unlimited miles|
|Federal emission warranty||Up to 8 years/80,000 miles|
The industry standard for a factory warranty is 3 years/36,000 miles, so INFINITI’s protection stands out. The 6-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty is also slightly longer than those of most automakers, which typically offer 5 years/60,000 miles.
INFINITI Warranty Types Explained
It’s worth figuring out which vehicle components are protected by each type of coverage in the INFINITI warranty. Read on to differentiate between the warranty’s various parts.
- Bumper-to-bumper warranty: This “basic” defect warranty takes care of most INFINITI automotive parts and the restraint system, with a couple of exceptions.
- Powertrain warranty: The powertrain warranty provides basic coverage for parts that keep your INFINITI running, such as the engine, transmission, transaxle, drive shafts, gaskets, fuel pump and drivetrain.
- Corrosion coverage: This coverage replaces sheet metal pieces that are damaged by rust or other types of corrosion.
- Seat belt warranty: This unlimited-mileage warranty provides for new seat belts if they wear out in under 10 years.
- Federal emission warranty: Vehicle components that help with emission control are covered by the Federal Emission Performance Warranty.
While you can expect these coverages to remain constant across most INFINITI models, there may be slight variations depending on the vehicle. For example, the protection on an INFINITI Q50 may differ from coverage on one of the company’s SUVs.
The INFINITI warranty is transferable to new owners as long as the car is within its original warranty period. Certain fees may apply, so reach out to your dealer for details.
What’s Not Covered by an INFINITI Warranty?
The manufacturer’s warranty found on an INFINITI takes care of most vehicle components, but there are exceptions. We’ll cover some of the exclusions to the INFINITI warranty below.
- Damages caused by an accident, theft or vandalism: Car insurance companies often take care of these unexpected damages, but an auto warranty won’t.
- Wear-and-tear parts: Brake pads, windshield wiper blades and other wear-and-tear pieces are excluded from the INFINITI warranty.
- Environmental damages: Issues caused by flooding and hail may be covered by an auto insurance provider, but not by your factory warranty.
- Regular maintenance needs: Routine maintenance such as tire rotations and oil changes are the vehicle owner’s responsibility.
- Issues caused by improper maintenance or modifications: Poorly treated vehicles cannot be repaired using the INFINITI warranty. Your protection will also be voided if you tamper with the car’s odometer.
INFINITI Roadside Assistance Coverage
Each new INFINITI warranty includes 4 years/unlimited miles of roadside assistance, which covers the following services:
- Towing coverage
- Lockout services
- Flat-tire help
- Battery jump-starts
- Emergency fuel deliveries
While it’s better to never need to use INFINITI’s roadside assistance services, they’re nice to have. Many drivers enjoy the peace of mind that comes with having comprehensive roadside assistance as they head out on the road.
Is a Used INFINITI Covered Under Warranty?
Anyone who’s considering a certified pre-owned (CPO) INFINITI needs to learn about the automaker’s used car warranty plans. Each CPO INFINITI receives 6 years/100,000 miles of vehicle protection from the car’s original in-service date. The standard CPO INFINITI warranty also includes emergency roadside assistance. You can rely on this assistance for the duration of your INFINITI’s CPO warranty coverage.
It’s possible for an INFINITI to remain under a manufacturer’s warranty even if you bought it from an individual rather than an INFINITI dealership. The best way to find out the status of your INFINITI’s warranty is to reach out to the company and request a VIN lookup.
Do You Need an Extended INFINITI Warranty?
The INFINITI warranty lasts for just 4 years/60,000 miles, so drivers looking for continued coverage often turn to extended warranty plans. Consider the reliability of your INFINITI before choosing a plan, though, to make sure it’s worth your while.
Data found in the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Vehicle Dependability StudySM reveals that INFINITI owners face an average of 228 issues per 100 cars sold. That makes it only the 23rd most reliable automaker in the country out of 32 brands.
RepairPal ranks INFINITI as the 16th most dependable automaker out of 32, indicating these cars have average dependability. For a brand that produces luxury vehicles, INFINITI models come with relatively low maintenance and repair costs of $638 per year on average. The average across all automakers is $652, so INFINITI repairs tend to be slightly more affordable.
INFINITI Extended Warranty
The extended INFINITI warranty is known as the INFINITI Elite Extended Protection Plan and provides up to 8 years/120,000 miles of coverage. Depending on which option you choose, you’ll pay either a $100 or $0 deductible for repairs when using this plan, which covers more than 1,600 vehicle components.
Along with the comprehensive coverage found in the extended INFINITI warranty, owners gain access to roadside assistance, towing services, rental car reimbursement and trip interruption benefits. All repairs done through the INFINITI Elite program must be performed at an INFINITI dealership using genuine INFINITI parts.
This is the only extended vehicle service contract INFINITI offers, so if you’re looking for different protection, you’ll need to consider one of the reputable extended car warranty companies.
INFINITI Coverage From an Independent Warranty Company
An INFINITI warranty plan from one of the top extended warranty providers can help drivers save considerable money while receiving quality vehicle protection. Below, we’ll name several benefits that come with a third-party vehicle warranty.
- Generally lower warranty costs: CarShield and Endurance warranty plans for INFINITIS tend to offer more reasonable rates than the manufacturer itself.
- Flexible purchasing periods: Coverage from providers like Protect My Car and Carchex can be purchased at nearly any point in your vehicle’s life, while dealerships usually require extended warranties to be bought before the factory warranty expires.
- Longer warranty coverage: A Carchex or CarShield INFINITI warranty could last for over 200,000 miles, easily outlasting the automaker’s plan.
- Varied repair shop choices: Instead of only having INFINITI service your car, independent warranty providers let you head to nearly any licensed repair shop.
- Wide array of coverage plans: Providers like Endurance, CarShield and Carchex have five or more extended INFINITI warranty plans, so you’ll likely be able to find the right coverage with ease.
By comparing extended INFINITI warranty plans from providers, you’ll be able to find vehicle protection that suits your needs. Whether you’re looking for basic powertrain coverage or an exclusionary contract, third-party warranty providers should meet your requirements well.
INFINITI of West Chester is a leading luxury car dealership in the area – with a variety of new and used vehicles for you to choose from. If you’re interested in learning more about our prices, range, or sales offers – give us a call today! We’d be happy to have a chat about anything you might need help with.